-->

The Best In The World Southern Squash Casserole


The Best In The World Southern Squash Casserole
The Best In The World Southern Squash Casserole



Welcome back everybody and if you are new here welcome to my channel and if you consider subscribing please be sure to click that Bell notification to make sure you get all of my latest videos okay did they I am making a delicious yellow squash casserole and here's how I do it first I am going to cook some bacon here I have a cold pan I have not preheated it and two that I am going to add diced bacon I'll be using 6 oz in this recipe and the type of bacon I'm using is a thick-cut slice use what you have on hand but I am using 6 oz so I'm going to try to cook this and render a lot of fat at the same time and once my bacon is cooked I am going to remove most of that rendered fat thanks to a commenter in one of my past videos for the tip using a cold pan then adding your bacon to render a lot of fat it really does help

okay so now do I cook the bacon I am going to add one small onion diced you can add the amount of onion that you like or you can exclude it if you're not big on onions but I love it so I'm adding one whole small onion to this and I'm just going to sautee and cook it along with my bacon okay so my bacon is fully cooked my onions have softened and are translucent they are nicely sauteed so now I'm going to add 4 medium yellow squash to this I've basically slice them thin Lee not too thin if I had to guess maybe a quarter of an inch thick so I've added it to my pan and I'm just going to cook this and sautee it I'm also going to be adding a quarter teaspoon of salt 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper and on a medium to medium-high heat 
How To Make It? Please Watch Video Below 

I am going to sautee this for round 3 to 5 minutes then after sauteing I am going to add a quarter cup of water and I'm just going to sort of start scraping up some of that fund and this will also help me cook out the squash to soften it next I'm going to cover it with the lid and reduce the heat to a low to medium heat and cook it for 10 minutes then my squash is done and it's not necessarily mushy but it definitely has soften and cooked and I'm going to set it aside until I need it okay so now I'm going to move on to my cream sauce here I have a bowl and two that I am going to add one large egg next I'm going to add 3/4 of a cup of heavy cream and now I'm just going to combine and mix this well now I'm going to add a quarter cup of mayonnaise I'm also going to add cracked black pepper to taste then I'll be adding 4 oz of shredded cheddar cheese

and I'll be adding some Parmesan cheese now what I like to do is use a quarter cup of grated Parmesan cheese in this entire recipe and divide it half of it will go into the mixture and the other half will go into the cracker crumble crust on top but I actually just dumped all of it right into this mixture so I will put the measurements and weights of the ingredients in the description below but just know that I like typically like to add half of the parmesan cheese in the mixture and a half for the crust okay so here I'm crushing 20 Ritz crackers these are the round butter crackers once they're crushed I'm going to add them to a bowl and I'm also going to add some Parmesan cheese to this again half of the parmesan cheese

so I had to add a little extra today cuz of my mistake earlier so this if I had to guess is 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese I'm going to get that a mick and to that I'm going to add 2 tablespoons of melted butter again going to combine at well and this is done this is going to top our delicious yellow squash casserole so now I'm ready to put this casserole together here I have a buttered oval casserole dish I believe this is a 1.7 quart casserole dish you don't have to use this brand or kind of dish maybe something like an 8 by 8 square baking dish will work for this so I have buttered this and now I'm going to mix everything together

but I want to show you this squash has rendered a lot of liquid so I'm going to remove the liquid before combining everything and placing it into my baking dish okay so now I'm going to speed things up a bit and put this casserole together I'm going to be baking this uncovered in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until everything is golden brown and bubbly like this so I'm serving this alongside a delicious roasted chicken please check the description below for that video link so I hope you guys give this a recipe a try I hope you like it and thanks for watching

THE BEST OTHER RECIPE OF Southern Squash Casserole
Ingredients
3 lb yellow squash, sliced or diced
1/2 c diced Vidalia onion, optional
1 can(s) cream of mushroom or chicken soup, 10.5 oz.
1 c mayonaise
1 egg
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (sharp is my favorite)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

Full information visit here


LihatTutupKomentar